Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Gerald Ford, R.I.P.

As a kid I saw Gerald Ford on some talk show like Donahue and listed him as one of my heroes. May he rest in peace.

Sojourners' blog quoted from Gerald Ford's Inaugural Address:
"I believe that truth is the glue that holds government together, not only our Government but civilization itself. ... In all my public and private acts as your President, I expect to follow my instincts of openness and candor with full confidence that honesty is always the best policy in the end. My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over."

Then for just a moment, I imagined what if 9/11 had happened during the Ford Administration, and what the world would have been like five years afterwards. All sorts of visions of sugar plums were dancing in my head.

No comments: