Thursday, May 25, 2006

Robots embracing

This is an interesting piece to me. I was trying to put three robots together facing different directions and accidentally had them overlapping. Then after looking at it for a few moments, it occurred to me that it looked like they were embracing, not in a romantic way, but a brotherly way, perhaps the way a "tough" teenager might hug his mom.

Sometimes when designing characters I line 'em up together for the purpose of inspecting them, and find them overlapping or violating each other's personal space. It makes an image sometimes I wonder how folks might react if they were to believe I'd put them so close to convey some kind of message, and then I chuckle both at the prudishness of people and my own paranoia. But this one is worthy of sharing.

No comments: