Friday, September 29, 2006

Detriments to Google Reader.

The Google Reader service is touting their recent changes to the service. I think it got a lot worse.

It used to be that when you'd load up the page, you'd get immediately be immersed into the most recent posting you were subscribed to. Then you could just space bar your way through the whole set of postings. Now, it looks like all they have made the interface closer to that of bloglines. Now I see no way of space-bar-ring through the whole list, and I'm forced to do a lot more clicking to move between items. The Google Reader service says they've responded to feedback. I'm wondering who really wanted it this way?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like it. I like that I still get the river-of-news browsing, but that it's also easy to create categories and view a specific subset of my feeds.