- Christians stink.
- The only way someone would think Christians stink is that the liberal media distort the truth about them.
- Christians stink.
- Christians stink. This was said, in a derogatory sense, by Ted Turner when he said, "The Church is for losers."
- The only way someone would think that Christians stink is that the liberal media distort the truth about them. I caught this sentiment in an article that Trevin Wax linked to on his blog, "9 Lies the Media Likes to Tell About Evangelical Christians". Evangelicals (Christians) are incredibly cool, it's just the media that distort the truth because they hate them.
- Christians stink. This idea was found in several places:
- Again, it was said, in a derogatory sense, by Ted Turner: "The Church is for losers." The only way I know Turner said this was that it was quoted in a sermon by Tullian Tchividjian. Tullian agreed with Turner, and is a great evangelical pastor, IMO.
- Romans 3. Romans 3:19ff says that ALL people are swift to shed blood, that the mouths of ALL people are open graves. Christians should be counted for in this list of all people, written by a Christian to a church of Christians.
- Martin Luther (quoted in Walther's Twelfth Lecture claimed as much. (To find the section in that link containing the full context of these quotes, search for the name "Spalatin".) Luther writes to a fellow pastor who has become completely despondent over his having given out some really bad moral advice. Luther writes:
"“Therefore my faithful request and admonition is that you join our company and associate with us, who are real, great, and hard-boiled sinners. You must by no means make Christ to seem paltry and trifling to us, as though He could be our Helper only when we want to be rid from imaginary, nominal, and childish sins. No, no! That would not be good for us. He must rather be a Savior and Redeemer from real, great, grievous, and damnable transgressions and iniquities, yea, from the very greatest and most shocking sins; to be brief, from all sins added together in a grand total.”In other words, Christians stink!